Touchscreens are everywhere now in our daily life which turns our life and work more convenient, For example, in the morning you go to Mcdonald’s to order breakfast, you no need to queue up and can directly order from the kiosk machine which can save your time. Then you take the subway to go to work, you can get the ticket from the tickets machine and night time go to a cinema watching a movie you need also get the ticket first in the vending machine. Also, our mobiles are totally touchscreens. You need to use them every day So actually, the touchscreen is a part of our life both in public and private.
Eagle Touch, As a professional Touchscreen and Touchscreen Monitor provider, Today, we are talking about how to find a suitable touchscreen monitor for your business, and what’s the main factors you need to consider:
To learn a Touchscreen monitor we need to start from a touch screen. First of all, we need to know what’s a touch screen and how many types of touch screen we have now?
A Touch screen is an input device which replaced a mouse and keyboard, you can interact with the computer by touching the screen. Touchscreen was invented by E.A. Johnson in 1965 in the UK, in the early 1970s, Touchscreens began to appear in some industrials and commercial equipment such as POS Terminals, Elevator buttons and so on, After that, Nokia introduced the resistive touchscreen to mobile phone which partially replaced the keyboard and resistive touch technology started to be widely used in many commercial applications such as CAR DVD, PDA ,POS, KTV applications. Until 2007 Apple launched the first Capacitive touchscreen mobile phone which opened a new touch screen era and brings the future touch technologies unlimited possibilities. Until early 2019, PCAP touch screen is occupied most of the touchscreen market share.
There are mainly 5 types of touch screen Technologies :
- Resistive touchscreen (RTP) also divided into 4 wire resistive and 5 wire resistive touch panel.
- Surface Acoustic wave (SAW) touch touchscreen.
- Infrared Touch screen (IR) touchscreen,
- Surface Capacitive touch screen
- Projected Capacitive (PCT/PCAP) touch screen.
Today the most widely used touch Technologies are RTPs and PCTs .Let’s back to touch screen monitors, so what’s the main factors we need to consider to choose the best TSM for your business?
First thing we need to consider is what industrial will be used this touch screen monitor.
This is a very key factor to consider for selecting the suitable TSM, different demands and specifications are required for different applications and using environments. For example, will it to be used as a standard desktop monitor or wall mount monitor? Shall this Touch screen monitor need to be embedded to equipment? Because that’s related to which types of monitors you will use:
There are two types of monitors, one is a complete monitor with case you can use as desktop or wall-mount, the other one is open frame monitor without Bezel, mainly embed to a bare metal enclosure, this Open frame monitor is widely used in many embedded applications such as kiosk, ATM machines, Industrial automation equipment, Vending machine displays, gaming machines and so on.
Check your application, if you need is a complete Touch monitor or an open frame touch monitor to embedded to your equipment.
The other most important decision in selecting TSM will be the type of touch technology you use, as we saw above there are varieties of touch screens for choosing. But the most common types are Resistive Touch Monitors and Projected Capacitive Touch Screen Monitors.
A resistive touchscreen monitor means the display install resistive touch panel, it consists of two ITO layers reply on the pressure to register an input, the advantage for RTP Monitor is support all kinds of stylus input and very good options for those environmental needs to wear gloves. But resistive touch monitors only support single touch, and the surface it easily scratches and damaged, the Transmittance for resistive touch displays is only around 75% ~80%, and the stability for 5 wire is better than 4 wire TP.
Projected Capacitive Touch Screen Monitor we also called PCAP OR PCT monitor, which make a touch by sense conductivity, you can use your fingers or any other conductive objects to touch, PCT touch monitor is already occupied most of the market because of its reliability, sensitivity, durability, and Multi-Touch features. The Transmittance is over 85%.
In addition to application and touch technology, TFT LCD specification is of one the main factor you need to consider, Display effects mainly depends on the TFT LCD. There are the parameters below you need to consider:
- Size& aspect Ratio: Touch screen monitor screen size range normally from 3.5” to 75” for different applications. With an aspect ratio (the proportional relationship between width and height) of 4:3 or 16:9. You can choose the right size and ratio based on your application. Normally the most usual size for commercial use is 15.6” .18.5” 21.5” .23.8” 32” 43” and for instead 8.4” ,10.4” 15” 4:3 ratio for industrial application.
- Resolution: the display resolution is the precision of the screen image, which is how many pixels the display can show. The higher the resolution, the more detail the better image has. So display resolution is a very important performance. But to be remembered. Resolution is not higher is better. Especially for industrial application. Always remember the more suitable the better.
- Brightness: Brightness is the perceived intensity of light coming from a screen. high brightness also means the higher anti-interference ability to its working environment. It means for the outdoor application you need to use a higher brightness screen.
- Display input: The display interface refers to the interface between the graphics card and the image output device of the display. The display most normal interface has DVI interface, HDMI interface, VGA interface, check to see what types of interface you want for your TSM and where to locate.
Mounting Options include VESA mount standard 75/100, panel mount, rack mount and free-standing. If free-standing, it can be sure that it uses a heavy-duty stand designed for monitor; standard table top bases will topple over.
Above are the main factors you need to consider before your select a touchscreen monitor. If you don’t know which one or what type to choose. Contact with us. tell us your application and working environment. Eagle Touch engineers will help you to find the most suitable and cost-effective one. As TSM is not a cheap and one time used product .it should not be overlooked. Quality is always TOP 1 we need to careful. Otherwise, your business may be affected by inefficiency and low-productivity. Pay attention to the above factors. Try to avoid your loss aiming to benefit your business in the short or long run.