A TFT LCD (liquid crystal ) means that each liquid crystal pixel on the liquid crystal display is driven by a thin film transistor integrated therein. This enables high-speed, high-brightness, high-contrast display information. Each pixel of the medical TFT LCD device is controlled by a TFT integrated on itself, which is an active pixel. Therefore, not only the speed can be greatly improved, but also the contrast and brightness are greatly improved, and the resolution is also at a very high level.
Technical characteristics of TFT LCD screen:
TFT technology was developed in the 1990s.which is the basic of the flat panel display.Large-scale semiconductor integrated circuit manufacturing technology using new materials and processes is a liquid crystal (LC), inorganic and organic thin film electroluminescent (EL and OEL). Its main features are:
- Large size: In the early 1990s, the first generation of large-size glass substrate (300mm × 400mm) TFT-LCD production line was put into production. In the early of 2000, the size of glass substrate has been expanded to 680mm × 880mm), and the recent glass substrate size 950mm × 1200mm glass also be put into operation.
- Powerful: TFT was first used as a matrix addressing circuit to improve the light valve characteristics of liquid crystal. For high-resolution displays, precise control of the object elements is achieved by voltage regulation in the 0-6V range (typically 0.2 to 4V), enabling high-resolution LCD displays.
- Low cost: The glass substrate and the plastic substrate fundamentally solve the cost problem of large-scale semiconductor integrated circuits, and open up a broad application space for the application of large-scale semiconductor integrated circuits.
- Flexible process: In addition to film formation by conventional processes such as sputtering and CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition) MCVD (Molecular Chemical Vapor Deposition), laser annealing technology is also applied, which can be used to make amorphous or polycrystalline films. A single crystal film is produced. Not only silicon films but also other II-VI and III-V semiconductor films can be fabricated.
- Wide range of applications, LCD flat panel display based on medical TFT LCD device technology is the pillar industry of the information society, its technology can be applied to the rapidly growing thin film transistor organic electroluminescence (TFT-OLED) flat panel display The screen is also growing rapidly.
TFT LCD features:
With the maturity of TFT technology in the early 1990s, color LCD flat panel displays have developed rapidly. In less than 10 years, TFT-LCD has rapidly grown into a mainstream display screen, which has its advantages and is inseparable. The main features are:
- Good use characteristics: low voltage application, low driving voltage, solidification safety and reliability improvement; flat, thin and light, saving a lot of raw materials and space; low power consumption, its power consumption is about CRT display One-tenth, the reflective TFT-LCD is only about one percent of the CRT, saving a lot of energy; TFT-LCD products are also available in specifications, sizes, and varieties, and are easy to use, flexible, and repairable. , easy to upgrade, long service life and many other characteristics.
- Good environmental protection characteristics: no radiation, no flicker, no damage to the user’s health. In particular, the emergence of TFT-LCD e-books will bring mankind into the era of paperless office and paperless printing, which will lead to a revolution in the way humans learn, spread and remember to cultivate civilization.